I hope everyone had a great #Grammy week, and for those of you east coasters, you survived Nemo!
I know we confused some of you with our #FRBranding tweets on Friday so let us explain. Fox Rothschild held a private event in honor of Grammy week that started with a panel discussion titled, "Winning Strategies For Building an Empire of Brand Equity." @Macala and I tweeted wisdom shared by:
- Alex and Ani CEO, Giovanni Feroce (@giovanniferoce);
- Common CEO, Dan Burrier (@Dburrier);
- Amusement Park Entertainment CEO, Jimmy Smith (@TweetsFromAP);
- Blair Underwood (@BlairUnderwood);
- Christy Haubegger, Head of CAA Branding and Lifestyle Division; and
- Darrell Miller, Fox’s Entertainment Department Chair.
Now, for those of you branding enthusiasts not involved in Grammy week, never fear! WWDMagic/Project/ENK is next week, and we are holding a branding seminar just for you.
Please come join me in the Las Vegas Convention Center on Tuesday, February 19 at 2:30pm, room S-229, where my fellow panelists and I will discuss building your brand through the power of storytelling, the use of authenticity, and incorporation of social media, among other topics. The seminar will be moderated by the fairy godmother of fashion, California Fashion Association executive director Ilse Metchek and the panel will include:
- Rick Cytrynbaum, CEO,Modern Vintage/House of Harlow 1960
- Chris DeMoulin, President, Licensing Advanstar
- Monte Henige, CEO, Tru Fragrance
- Todd Kaufman, Director of Brand Management, Beanstalk Inc.; and
- ME! Staci Riordan, Partner and Chair, Fashion Law Practice Group, Fox Rothschild LLP
We hope to see you there!
ps — for all you Fashion Law enthusiasts, this is a perfect time to meet in person and ask your questions.